1. Evidence/Evals – Deadlines for evidence submission are fast approaching – April 20th for those on 1-year plans, May 1st for year 2 of a 2-year plan, and May 15th for year 1 of a 2-year plan.
2. License Renewal – Please see the linked memo from DESE regarding re-certification for those who are up in June. Recertification Correspondence from DESE
3. Retirement Party – Information will be forthcoming regarding the AEA Retirement Party to be held on May 9th from 4 – 7 pm at the Rockland Golf Course. (The Monponsett Inn was booked)
4. Elections – We will be posting candidates and bylaw change proposals by next Friday. Elections will take place the week of April 29th. I will send all documents electronically once ready.
5. Contracts – We finally have a complete and accurate Unit A contract! We will update the website soon and provide hard copies as soon as we can go to print. Unit B will follow shortly.
6. Fund Our Future – MTA’s campaign is in full swing. Our field rep, Carl Stamm, has stated that this is the biggest initiative around the funding of public education since Ed Reform in the early ’90s. He believes there is a lot of momentum in affecting some significant change around how schools are funded moving forward. He seems to thinks it’s not a matter of if we will see an increase, but how much. Abington could potentially gain close to $500K in additional revenue. Imagine what could be done with that money to relieve class sizes, increase counseling services and offer additional programs to our students. Fund Our Future
Your Building reps will be posting some literature in common areas in the coming days. Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the initiative.
MTA is holding a rally at the State House on May 16th in the late afternoon. MTA will provide free buses for locals who wish to attend. I would love to see at least 5 or more members from each building attend and represent the AEA in Boston. Please consider joining us!